Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pleasing people

Ibne-Abbas (may God be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of God (peace and blessings upon him) said: He who makes God angry for [the purpose of] pleasing people, God becomes angry and makes those people . . . angry with him. And he who pleases God by making people angry, God is pleased with him and makes those people pleased with him . . . so much so that He makes him virtuous in the eyes of those people who were angry and his words and deeds become adorned in their eyes.

(Tabarani, Majma-'uz-Zawaid)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Salmah said...

Thank you for posting this, it's a great reminder from the wisdom of the hadith. Being fairly new in Islam, I had not read this one before.

And I like your blog so much I have linked to it on my site--http://interestingtimes.webs.com Hope you don't mind.

Jazak Allahu khayran

The Proud Islamist said...

Assalamu Alaikum Salmah,

No I certainly don't mind. I will keep checking your site, and if I like what I see I'll link to it here as well.

Sincerely
TPI